A convenient regression formula for predicting Skytrax’s Official World Airport Star ratings
Open Access Location
Skytrax audits and ranks airports internationally in its yearly ‘Official World Airport Star Ranking’. Unfortunately, its activity is severely restricted, at most covering just 3% of those airports listed by Skytrax as open to review by passengers in its website in 2010. This research article explored the possibility of using a readily available variable as predictor, as an alternative way of ranking the remaining 97% of airports in a simpler and more straightforward manner. The regression formula retained correlated highly with the criterion variable, accounting for 45% of its variance, thus supporting the viability of using customer reviews as a possible way of predicting ranking scores for airport not officially audited by Skytrax.
Skytrax, Airport rankings, Ranking prediction, Customer reviews
Pérezgonzález, Jose D & Andrew Gilbey (2011). A convenient regression formula for predicting Skytrax’s Official World Airport Star ratings. Aviation Education and Research Proceedings, vol 2011, pp 45-47.